So, I have to retract my earlier statements against Jeff Plummer's major. Jeff took me to see Dr. Catone, who explained to me how .9999 (repeating) is 1. He told me that .9999 repeats on infinitely, but eventually it will equal one. My logic? It's infinite! It never ends.
He then proceeded to show me an example, that if it were physically possible, my mind would have exploded. He drew a square on the board and shaded 90% of it (for .9). He then shaded 90% of the remaining 10% (.99) and repeated it as far as he could. His logic? It may be an infinite sequence, but eventually you will run out of room in the square, and it will be shaded 100%.
NOW, if Jeff would have used his education skills to demonstrate this in a graphic way (I'm terrible at math), I would have 'seen the light'. Thank goodness for professors like Dr. Catone, who can explain these things to Poli-Sci majors.
I formally apologize to all the math majors I have argued with or have offended. It equals one, that's all.