Hey there! My name is Alex Zernechel and I am a Junior at Albright College. My major has changed more than once and I am now on track for Early Childhood Education. I never believed that I was going to change my major once getting to college like my mom said I would. I wanted to do International Business and travel the world. Dream life right there, travel from country to country for business have your company that you work for pay all your expenses (dream come true). Seems my Mom still knows best and I probably should listen to her more often. I can only give one piece of advice when it comes to choosing your major…. Do What You Love! It doesn’t matter if you’re good at it yet because you can always improve and there are people along the way to help you!
Over the summer I work as Pool Manager and Head Swim Coach at Congress Lake Country Club. I have been here for 5 years now and have seen some of these children go from being babies to now competing and helping the team win meets. Even though it is just a job for some it, has become a third home for me, with Albright being my second home. My 80 some children that I coach each summer have helped me make the decision to change to Early Childhood Education. Unfortunately, I don’t have too many huge plans this summer besides going to the Brad Paisley/ The Band Perry and Scott McCreary concert, and a cruise hosted by my national fraternity, Sigma Alpha Epsilon!!
Some other fun facts
1) I’m from OHIO (Go Bucks!!!)
2) I love Albright and the distance between my home and school, it’s a whole new experience
3) My Friends are my life and will bend over backwards to help them in whatever way I can
4) I’m a country kid through and through
5) I love movies doesn’t matter what genre from Under the Tuscan Sun to Shutter Island
6) I have two younger siblings and went through the whole fighting stage and am finally close with both my little Brother and little Sister.
And I am in a fraternity at school, Sigma Alpha Epsilon. I encourage all you new upcoming freshman to check out the Greek Life on campus, doesn’t matter which one you join or even if you chose not to